YOU CAN CUSTOMIZE A MMC EXPERIENCE THAT FITS YOU.
Opening Keynote - Dare to Matter: How Apartment Professionals Rise to Significance
2020 has forced us, willingly or not, to become adaptable, stay hopeful, and remain diligent in fulfilling our commitments. This year has made some question their desires, reevaluate their motivators, and become more resourceful than ever.
Those who have been successful have done so because they’ve been able to answer one simple question at the foundation of who they are and what they do: What’s the Point?
Society claims that success and happiness should be our most desired end goals. Even prior to the “quarantine heard ‘round the world,” people were recognizing higher levels of success but felt more isolated, disconnected, and unfulfilled than even before? During the quarantine, people have rediscovered what they’ve always known deep down: that what they truly desire is to know with certainty that who they are and what they do matters.
Success is good. Significance is best. It’s time for you to Matter More.
Surviving a stroke at an early age, and after years of research, interviews, trainings, and observation, Pete Smith reveals the Significance framework outlined in his best-selling book, Dare to Matter. This framework reveals the six major pillars of significance and how they can be incorporated into our daily lives.
Trade Show Open
First Day Failures: The Biggest Mistakes Managers Make When Welcoming a New Team Member
Nearly a quarter of all employee turnover happens within the first 45 days on the job. Think how much easier life would be, and how much more profitable your organization would be, if you could close the revolving door on employee churn. Learn to overhaul your onboarding process and welcome new team members appropriately. A successful first day, followed by a satisfying first month, can lead to long term success and retention. Discover practical, actionable ideas from within and outside of multifamily to pump up the passion in your newest team members—so they stick around.
- Avoid “New Hire Remorse” with thoughtful planning for what happens after the job offer is accepted
- What’s the difference between orientation and onboarding? Discover the answer, and how both play a critical role in welcoming new employees into your company
- Plot out a strategy that can be reused each time a new associate, whether management or maintenance, joins your team
- Discover what multifamily firms across the country do differently that sparks engagement and keeps their turnover low
212 Degrees of Leadership - Understanding Love Languages
212 Degrees of Leadership has 10 stages- During this session we will break down the first 5 which exposes how to truly care and nurture your teams. Each attendee write out their preferred Love Language and discuss the importance of how Love Languages speak to their teams.
Emergency Action Plans, Natural disasters, active shooters, and much more.
- The importance of safety equipment both inside and out of a pandemic or unlikely situation
- The importance of having the correct equipment, parts, etc on property at all times
The Service Technician as Leasing and Renewal Consultant
Not a seminar to teach your service technicians how to lease apartments, “THE SERVICE TECHNICIAN AS LEASING AND RENEWAL CONSULTANT” is a presentation that focuses on creating a “team effort” involving all on-site employees in the marketing and re-marketing (retention!) efforts of the apartment community. This presentation instills new pride in the maintenance person’s importance and contribution to the leasing and Resident retention efforts of the community.
Significant Communication in Calm and Chaos
Our current environment has twisted, tossed, and turned upside-down our normal way of operating. Colleagues have become faces we see on a screen or a voice on the phone. Water cooler conversations now take place in our home kitchens. Family vacations involve going camping in your living room. In a time of crisis and chaos, one thing is certain: being an effective communicator is a requirement for not only addressing the immediate obstacles but also to position your future for success.
Traditional statistics state that body language, tone, and words comprise 100% of communication. Unfortunately, this is far from accurate. It’s not that those three components of communication aren’t important. Rather, because much of our communication is expressed beneath the surface, it’s important to recognize how we are influenced by what we see, hear, and say, and understand how we (and others) interpret that information.
This session is far from your ordinary presentation on communication. This will be a fun, challenging, and insightful look at how to become a more effective communicator in every aspect of your life, in the calm and the chaos.
Leasing in the New Era: Building On-Line Rapport, Leasing on the Web and Closing the Lease Virtually – My How Things Change
People lease from people and even if our platform of communication has changed the basics of sales have NOT. Meeting and Greeting, Building Rapport, Demonstrating the apartment, Closing and Follow up can still be done in person and on line… we’ll investigate how you merge the on line arena with the live one to be the best leasing agent you can go. Close more leases in person and on line… build better relationships.. virtually and literally… and get grow a community of loyal fans that will speak your praises on line and in person.
Leasing never looked so good!
You’re Here. You’re There. You Can’t Be Everywhere: Dealing with Distractions in a Distractable World
Honing our attention is a valuable asset. Being able to focus helps us to succeed – whether it focusing inward or outward, being able to tune in (and tune other things out) is essential to accomplishment and well-being. If you find yourself thinking, “My workload is insane.” “I am crazy busy.” “I am overwhelmed, it’s all too much.” This is the session for you.
Get back on track, and take back control of your time, your day and your environment.
Box Lunches Available
Everyone Gets a Trophy: Moving Team Members from Entitled to Engaged
212 Degrees of Communication- What Type of Communicator are You?
The 5 stages of the 212 Degrees of Leadership is all about communication. The key and success of every business is great communication. Learning the motivators behind how you deliver and receive information is the key to successful communication.
Dealing with Difficult People: The LEARN Model of Conflict Resolution
In this fun and energetic session, participants will gain a new understanding of dealing with the difficult people in their lives. Participants will gain a set of skills as well as a strategy to handle the stress created by difficult people and situations. By using these skills participants will have more time and energy, which leads to additional productivity and better attitudes about their positions within the organization. At this program’s conclusion, participants should be able to L.E.A.R.N. their way through conflict. List the benefits of effectively dealing with difficult people.
- Participants will obtain strategies to deal with difficult people in the workplace.
- Participants will gain an understanding of the difference between people that are upset and people that are difficult.
- Participants will learn how to de-escalate situations and to satisfy the needs of others.
Retention Tactics - Stop the Revolving Door of Resident Change
Retention of current residents should be the key to any marketing plan, but time and time again the focus on new leases and attracting NEW residents is the focus of leasing and on-site teams. MAKE 2019 the year of change! Save money, earn loyal residents and save maintenance manpower with less turns!! In this session we’ll introduce tactics to turn residents into marketing power houses that stay, renew and build value in your community.
Reputation Management 2.0: What Employees are Saying about Your Company
In today’s world, we check online reviews before trying a new taco stand or buying a pair of shoes. It makes sense, then, that more than half of all job seekers visit an online job site to find out what they can about potential employers. What will they learn about your company?
Employee reviews are the new frontier in reputation management; let’s explore what property management firms can do to positively affect recruitment and retention.
- Uncover what factors matter most to job candidates. It’s not all about the salary
- Discover the enormous impact “brand” has on your ability to attract talent
- Learn how to respond to reviews – the good and the bad – to make a positive impression on future employment candidates
- Are you monitoring and managing your Company Rating on recruitment sites? You should be. Let’s dive in to why it matters and what to do about it
- Apply the lessons you’ve already learned from online resident reviews to online employment reviews.
Time Management for Maintenance
Pareto principal, time/task focus funnel, time management activities, shop organization and much more.
- Tips on things to focus on when standard work orders are not being completed. Curb appeal, organizing a shop, continuing education, workshops with supervisor and techs
- Completing preventative maintenance during a pandemic when we are not able to enter units (unless it is an emergency) i.e. furnace filters, etc
- Determining what is an emergency work order vs non in unlikely situations and handling accordingly. I.E. things that may not normally be considered emergency but need to be prioritized due to the amount of people at home. I.E. dishwasher not working, dryer not working, things that would normally not be prioritized
Maintenance Executive Social Hour (MESH)
How to be the Employee Successful Companies Fight to Keep
We are all perfectly engineered and designed to get the results that we are currently getting. Do you want to get more than your “fair share”? Based on the Law of Attraction, this session is designed to inspire participants to attain success through summoning their strengths to attain personal engagement. Rich has assembled this motivational program to help those that are seeking success to channel their passion into a dramatic career, and happier lives.
- Participants will embrace the essential keys to success
- Participants will gain a personal understanding of the Law of Attraction
- Participants will be motivated to harness the power of positive self-talk
- Participants will recognize the damaging power of negative self-talk
Powerful Texting and Telephone Techniques
Thousands of shopping reports have proven that the telephone is by far the weakest part of most leasing presentations. Yet shopping scores indicate that strong telephone skills mean an equally effective onsite presentation! “POWERFUL TEXTING AND TELEPHONE TECHNIQUES” is a dynamic presentation that focuses on both basic and advanced telephone leasing skills. Participants will learn how to turn the telephone into their most powerful leasing tool!
More Mufasa… Less Superman: Stop Leading Through… Start Leading
Every year, hundreds of books are written about leadership. How to lead more effectively, communicate more effectively and deliver more effectively. So, why is it so hard to stop telling people what to do, and instead, show the way to discover solutions? In this session, we will explore how to stop managing, and start leading your team consistently, help them grow, and create a culture of discovery and accountability. Stop being Superman, learn to be Mufasa.
Join us at the Indiana Roof Ballroom for the MMC after party reception and the announcement of the Awards of Excellence winners.