We look forward to welcoming everyone back for the 2018 Midwest Multifamily Conference on October 9 and 10 at the Indiana Convention Center! The 2017 Midwest Multifamily Conference (MMC) was bigger and better than ever! In case you missed it last year, here are a few highlights:
- MMC 2017 had more attendees than ever before with over 1,500 multifamily professionals from across the Midwest in attendance over the two-day conference. And MMC 2018 is expected to surpass those numbers this year!
- Last year, MMC had 24 different national speakers and 37 different seminars touching on topics ranging from cybersecurity to fair housing to team building to conflict resolution. Whether attendees were a leasing professional, a regional supervisor, a property owner, or a maintenance professional, they were able to take home content and ideas that helped them take their careers to the next level.
- Keynote speakers included Dennis Snow, a former Walt Disney World Company executive, and First Sergeant Matt Eversmann (Ret.) whose story of survival was immortalized in the film “Black Hawk Down.” Both Snow and Eversmann left attendees awe-struck and inspired!
- The 2017 Trade Show sold out and featured 200 booths and 180 different exhibiting national companies – our highest number to date! The trade show floor was filled to capacity with vendors offering a variety of products and services. Be sure to check out the clip below of a quick walkthrough from the trade show floor!
- MMC 2017’s circus theme stole the show as a band led the march of management companies to the opening of the Trade Show. Exhibitors also embraced the circus theme by decorating their booths and dressing up. Booth winners include Sherwin Williams with Best Use of Theme, Eye 4 Group with Most Creative Use of Product, Securitas with Best Overall Single Booth, and Landman Beatty and L.B. Gray with Best Overall Double Booth.
- MMC 2017 concluded at the Midwest Prodigy Awards Dinner at the Indiana Roof Ballroom. The dinner completely sold out (a first in MMC history!) as attendees gathered together to celebrate the multifamily industry’s best communities, companies, and professionals in the Midwest. There were 65 Awards of Excellence nominations and 265 Prodigy Award nominations – making the judges’ job extremely difficult as they chose the 2017 winners.
- Becovic Management Group of Indiana took home the 2017 Management Company of the Year award, as well as four addition Prodigy Awards. Sandy Carmin with Englert Management Corporation was awarded the prestigious Joe Rhodes Memorial Award, while Danny Dugger with the J.C. Hart Company won the 2017 Volunteer of the Year award. On the associate member side, Eye 4 Group won Vendor Member Company of the Year and Schawn Walthall with Trane – Ingersoll Rand won Vendor Member Individual of the Year.
Stay tuned for the announcement of 2018 speakers and seminars, as well as the opening of registration.