If you couldn’t make it to the 2016 Midwest Multifamily Conference, don’t worry – we’ve got all of the highlights for you!
- MMC 2016 had the highest attendance numbers ever! More than 1,500 Midwest apartment professionals attended to celebrate higher education and the success of the multifamily industry.
- This year, MMC had more speakers and seminars than ever. Attendees had 19 speakers and 33 seminars to choose to attend throughout the two day conference. Keynote speakers featured Gigi Butler, the founder of Gigi’s Cupcakes and former CIA agent James Olson. Both keynotes left attendees feeling inspired, motivated, and intrigued!
- The Trade Show was completely sold out with 185 booths and 165 different exhibitors. In fact, more booths had to be added last minute!
- Many exhibitors embraced the college theme by decorating their booths and dressing the part. Trade Show booth winners included Custom Concrete with Best Single Booth, Frye Electric with Most Creative Use of Product, Signarama with Best Double Booth, and Landman Beatty & LB Gray with Best Use of Theme.
- Dogs stole everyone’s hearts on the trade show floor. Exhibitors from different companies brought their working dogs to showcase their products and services to attendees.
- Gavin Greene from Flaherty & Collins Properties dressed up as a cheerleader and handed out dozens of door prizes during the Trade Show! A social media Twitter competition was also going on throughout MMC. Attendees who tweeted using the hashtag #MMC2016 were entered into the competition, increasing attendee social media interaction over the course of the two days.
- MMC 2016 wrapped up with the Midwest Prodigy Awards dinner at the Indiana Roof Ballroom. Over 900 people attended the awards dinner to celebrate the multifamily industry’s best communities, companies, and professionals in the Midwest. There were 250 Prodigy Award nominations and 85 Awards of Excellence nominations – more than there’s ever been before. The much anticipated Management Company of the Year award was brought home by Edward Rose & Sons and Birge & Held Asset Management!
Attend the 2017 Midwest Multifamily Conference to experience everything listed above – and more! We hope to see you on October 10th and 11th at the Indiana Convention Center. You can find out more and register online here.